Explore our wide variety of animal facts and learn some fun trivia about our friends in the animal kingdom.
Fun Fox Facts for Kids
Check out our range of fun fox facts for kids. Learn where they live, what they like to eat, how long they live for and much more. Read on for all kinds of interesting information about foxes!
- Foxes are four-legged mammals with long, bushy tails.
- Foxes can be found on every continent except Antarctica.
- The diet of a fox can include reptiles, birds, insects, eggs and vegetation. They sometimes bury extra food so they can come back to it later.
- Foxes can live for up to ten years, but are more likely to live for two or three in the wild.
- Foxes have a number of different vocal calls including growling, whining, yelping and barking.
- Female foxes are known as “vixens”.
- Foxes have a reputation for being sneaky, cunning animals, and they are sometimes seen as pests.
- There are twelve different species of fox alive today.
- The red fox is probably the most well-known species. It is also the largest, with males weighing up to 9 kg (20 lb).
- Gray fox have hooked claws and are excellent at climbing trees.
- Arctic fox have thick white fur and are well suited to living in the cold.