Explore our wide variety of animal facts and learn some fun trivia about our friends in the animal kingdom.
Fun Red Panda Facts for Kids
Check out our range of fun red panda facts for kids. Learn what they look like, where they live, what they eat and much more. Read on for all kinds of interesting information about red pandas!
- Red pandas are native to China and the Himalayas.
- They have a ringed tail, white ears, red/brown fur and a black belly.
- Despite the name, it is not a close relative of the giant panda.
- Red pandas live in forests and are good climbers.
- They eat plants such as bamboo, leaves and fruit.
- Red pandas are an endangered species due to loss of habitat and poaching.
- They are split into two subspecies, the Chinese red panda and the Himalayan red panda. It is believed that the population diverged over 200,000 years ago.
- Red pandas communicate with a variety of sounds, such as grunts, barks, hoots and squeals.
- Research on red pandas living in the wild is difficult, and most information comes from those living in zoos, where they live for around 14 years on average.