Explore our wide variety of animal facts and learn some fun trivia about our friends in the animal kingdom.
Fun Warthog Facts for Kids
Check out our range of fun warthog facts for kids. Learn what they look like, what they eat, how fast they can run and much more. Read on for all kinds of interesting information about warthogs!
- Warthogs are a type of wild pig found in Africa.
- They are easy to recognize thanks to their distinctive tusks.
- Warthogs can use their tusks to fight each other as well as defend against other animals. They are more likely to avoid conflict however, especially in the presence of predators such as cheetahs, hyenas, lions, leopards and crocodiles.
- Warthogs can run as fast as 30 mph (48 kph).
- Warthogs have a varied diet that includes grass, fruit, berries, roots, insects, bark and eggs.
- They can grow up to 1.5 m (4.9 ft) in length and 75 kg (165 lb) in weight.
- Warthogs have large heads and a stocky body.
- Warthogs will roll around in mud when dealing with high temperatures.
- Warthogs live for around 10 years in the wild.
- There are two different species of warthog: the desert warthog and the common warthog.
- The common warthog also includes a number of subspecies: the southern warthog, Central African warthog, Eritrean warthog and nolan warthog.